top of page


Housing Security: Rent & Eviction Moratoriums


  • If you rent and have had your hours reduced, you are protected through Oregon’s state of emergency. Notify your landlord by email that your income was impacted by COVID-19 and state the earnings that you lost. As a result, you will not be charged late fees on unpaid or partially paid rent until January 2021. 


More information:


Food Assistance


  • Food Stamps (or TANF Benefits): If you have children in your home who were receiving free or reduced lunch at school, your child(ren) qualifies for food stamps during the summer. Visit the state’s TANF website for more information. 


  • Meals on Wheels: If you are 60 and older, you can receive meals from this organization that addresses senior hunger and isolation. There are no income requirements, with diners asked to contribute what they can afford. Visit the Meals on Wheels website or call 503-736-6325 for more information.


  • Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC): Regardless of your age, this government agency can help connect you with food resources if you are a person who experiences a disability. Visit the ADRC website or call 1-855-673-2372 for more information.

More resources:


211 info


  • 211info: This nonprofit organization empowers Oregon and Southwest Washington communities by helping people identify, navigate and connect with the local resources they need. 211info provides a community and childcare resource database as well as screening tools to know whether you are eligible for various relief programs. Visit the 211info website or call 211 for more information. 


Aunt Bertha


  • Aunt Bertha: This social care network offers a list of free and low-cost social services in your area, including categories such as food, housing, transit and education. Visit the Aunt Bertha website and type in your zip code to discover resources in your area. 


Help with Utilities 


  • Help Pay for Utilities: Through Aunt Bertha – a social care network with a list of free and low-cost social services in your area – you can find resources to help pay for utilities. Visit the Aunt Bertha utilities page for more information. 



Help Accessing Unemployment 


  • Email Your Representatives: Many Oregon residents have struggled to access unemployment benefits during the COVID-19 pandemic. By emailing your state representatives’ offices, you may be able to expedite a stalled unemployment claim. Find your representative and on the Oregon State Legislature website



Domestic Violence


  • Oregon Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence: This social services agency promotes equity and social change in order to end violence for all communities. Visit the OCADSV website, call the Call to Safety hotline at 1-888-235-5333 or call the office phone at 503-230-1951 to access support.


  • Multnomah County Domestic Violence Shelters: The Oregon Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence has a comprehensive list of community-based shelters and advocacy programs. Visit the OCADSV Multnomah County page to find resources.


  • Self Enhancement Inc’s Anti-Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence Program: This program offers a 24-week Trauma Recovery & Empowerment Model group (TREM) to women and families suffering from domestic violence in Multnomah County. To access support, call 503-972-3698 or email



Legal Aid (can help with getting protective order for DV situation as well)

  • Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO): Through its own staff attorneys and hundreds of volunteers, LASO provides free legal help to thousands of low-income and elderly clients each year in matters relating to their physical safety, access to food and shelter and other critical legal needs. Visit the LASO website to learn more.


  • Crime Victim Compensation: The Crime Victims’ Compensation Program (CVCP) of the Oregon Department of Justice may be able to assist with the payment of medical bills, counseling costs, funeral and burial costs. CVCP is for victims of a person-to-person crime. Victims of property crime are not eligible. Visit the Multnomah County District Attorney’s website for more information. 



Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization


  • IRCO: The nonprofit organization’s more than 200 programs continue to support community members through modified remote services and distanced food and supply deliveries. Visit IRCO’s COVID-19 page for more information.

  • Unemployment Insurance (UI): This type of insurance is not subject to the public charge. If you need to access public benefits to survive the COVID-19 crisis, you should apply for benefits. The need for food, health care and housing is more important and outweighs any public charge concerns. Visit the state’s unemployment insurance page to file a claim.

More resources:

bottom of page